Weekly Workout Schedule

Saturday, January 24, 2009

So, at first, I said to myself that I would work out every single day in the 60 days left until the wedding. But then I was reminded of something Kerry (my trainer) said, which is that it is often the days off in which your body really loses the weight and kinda catches up to what you've been doing to it, etc. and that they are really necessary. So, I have changed my plan to 6 days a week, with my 1 day off being Friday, because that is the day after my personal training when I generally want to die. And I used to just go to the gym 5-6 days a week, and do the elliptical every time, which wasn't working.

Kerry mentioned as such to me, saying that doing the same workout all the time, no matter what that workout is, is nowhere near as good for you as switching things up. So, taking that into consideration, here's my new weekly workout plan:

Sunday: 1 hour circuit training at the gym
Monday: Elliptical, 1 hour
Tuesday: 1 hour circuit training at the gym
Wednesday: Swimming, 1 hour (this is gonna be my new thing next semester, because I don't have class until 3pm on Wed. and I'll have time to walk to the undergrad gym to use their pool):
Thursday: 1 hour strength training/circuit training with Kerry
Friday: Day Off
Saturday: Running on the treadmill, 30-45 min; 30 min. strength training at home

0 comments: