New Cookbook/Website Find: Hungry Girl

Thursday, January 1, 2009

My mom bought me this book for Christmas, and it is based on the popular http://www.hungry-girl.com/, a site that gives out tons of recipes and diet tips totally free. The best thing is, it's written by a lady who is not a doctor, nutritionist, chef, etc. - it's just her own personal super simple recipes for healthy versions of almost anything out there - eggs benedict, pizza, cake, nachos, etc. I especially love it because, although she is not a vegetarian, she is a big proponent of fake meat as a healthy alternative to regular meat, so she uses it in quite a few recipes.




I haven't made anything out of it yet, but my mom has and has loved everything so far. The best thing is, compared to Weight Watchers, you need far less ingredients and cooking skills, so if you just want to make something simple & healthy without going to the store for 10 new spices, this seems great! I am currently writing out my weekly food plan, and am going to be trying some new WW recipes as well as some Hungry Girl recipes this week, so I will report back on all of them! (one of my new years resolutions is to try to stay away from frozen dinners & other processed foods, and make more things myself).

0 comments: