New Blog Gadgets!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

So I thought I would spruce up the blog design a bit, so I added a Weight loss ticker (from www.tickerfactory.com) and also added some gagdets. For the record, my goal weight of 155 on the weight loss ticker is definitely NOT a goal I am trying to acheive by the wedding, I am not crazy or planning to starve myself or anything! It's just the weight I would ideally like to be at, and I know it's a healthy weight, I have weighed it before (actually, senior year of college, which isn't so long ago, I was 157 to start the year).

And the WW points thing is helpful to any of you who have no idea what I mean when I calculate everything in terms of points. The points system is close to calorie counting, but with some differences. 1 point roughly equals 50 calories, but if something is high in fat, the points value goes up, and if something is high in fiber, the points value will go down. And under the WW system, vegetables are always 0 points, even though they do of course have some calories. And also, WW recommends you get a requisite # of servings of fruits, veggies, dairy, etc. so it's a good way to calorie count and also be healthy. Basically, you can just use the WW points calculator here and it's about the same thing I get by paying for the online membership, lol!

0 comments: