Lunch in a Bag

Thursday, January 1, 2009

One of the hardest things for me to do diet-wise is to find something to eat for lunch besides frozen meals - while Lean Cuisine & WW meals are low in calories, they often have lots of salt and really not very nutritious or filling (that's not to say I don't eat them, but I am really trying my best to cut down!). I actually like salad, if it has more than just plain lettuce, but I almost always buy it out somewhere, b/c it is way too much trouble to keep enough ingredients for salad at your house, and to use them before they go bad.



So this week I decided to try out the pre-packaged salads from the store that already come with dressing, toppings, etc. (they're made by Fresh Express, you'll find them by the bagged lettuce in the vegetable section). Today I tried the Mediterranean Supreme, which has spinach (much better for you than the iceberg lettuce, which has little nutrition), a 3-cheese blend, foccacia croutons and honey dijon dressing. Since I had them around, and veggies are 0 points on Weight Watchers, I added snow peas and bell pepper as well. The best part is, for an entire 1/2 bag, it's 150 calories - that includes the cheese, dressing, croutons, etc. So even if you ate the whole bag of it, that's 300 calories - and I thought it was really yummy, and cheaper and easier than me going out to buy a salad somewhere.

0 comments: