Food Recap - Feb. 21st

Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 3 of the Hungry Girl diet, and actually some new recipes today, yay! I really feel like I could stick to this as a normal way of eating, not just as a "diet." I mean, I have only tried like 6 or 7 recipes so far, and like them all, and there are 160 in the book, so I think there's enough here to where every week I could just buy groceries based on which I'd like to make. And it's not a crazy fad diet, or a cleanse, or anything like that - I am not starving myself because it is a month before the wedding, just trying to eat healthier and stop eating sodium-loaded frozen dinners and baked chips, cuz let's be honest, that's not a proper diet for an adult. Anywho, here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:




Super-Duper Veggie Scramble - 183 Calories/3 points/3g fat/22g protein
1 veggie burger patty, thawed if previously frozen (I actually used the morningstar veggie breakfast sausage instead)
1/2 cup Egg Beaters
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
2 tablespoons chopped onions

Chop veggie patty into pieces, cook w/mushrooms & onions over medium heat. Add egg substitute to the pan, and scramble.
Lunch:
A BLT again - um, I kinda love these things, can you tell? (2 points/141 calories)

Dinner:


Veggie Wheels -143 calories/2 points/2.5g fat/10g protein
1 medium low fat tortilla
1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
1/2 cup fresh spinach
1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
1 tablespoon fat free cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon ranch seasoning mix
Combine cream cheese and ranch seasoning until smooth.

Lay tortilla out and evenly spread cream cheese mixture on top.

Place spinach, red peppers, scallions and tomatoes evenly over cheese layer.

Very tightly roll the tortilla, creating a pinwheel of layers. Keep in the fridge for at least 1 hour before cutting into slices.

Snacks
Pirate's Booty - 3 points
Goldfish - 3 points

0 comments: