Kitchen Sink Salad Recipe

Friday, June 5, 2009

Well, perhaps more a suggestion for a meal as opposed to a true recipe, but you know what i mean. Like a lot of you, when I am hungry, and someone suggests a salad, I'll often be like, really? That's all I am gonna eat? Don't get me wrong, I like salads when they are done right, but too often they are just veggies and fat-free italian dressing, and I need more than that for it to be a meal (which is kinda hard when I don't eat meat, I know). So, lately, to encourage myself to eat salads, I try to always keep spinach leaves and hearts of romaine around, and then from there, I make what I like to call a "kitchen sink salad" where I essentially throw anything I can find around my fridge & cabinets into a big salad bowl with the greens. Today, this was my salad:



Fresh spinach leaves
Hearts of romaine, chopped
1/2 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
5 baked tostitos, crushed up (to add some crunch to the salad, it really adds to it)
4 tbsp. Kraft Free bleu cheese dressing


I ate the whole giant bowl of salad (I eat salad from like a mixing bowl, not some wimpy soup bowl, cuz I mean, for WW, you can have unlimited veggies, so why not stock up?) and it was all for about 300 calories. So, it's a good way to eat healthy and get rid of random stuff in your fridge!

0 comments: