Easy Veggie Stir Fry Recipe

Monday, June 22, 2009

I have started trying to just make up my own recipes so I don't have to go out and buy tons of specific ingredients; and instead, I just make stuff with what I have. Tonight, I made veggie stir fry with brown rice.

I made mine with:

3 cups fresh spinach
1 cup snow peas
1/2 cup chopped red peppers
2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp ginger
2 cups cooked brown rice (1/4 cup dry rice, 1 cup water)

It was so easy, I just cooked all the veggies, along with 1 tbsp of the soy sauce, in a pan together; cooked the instant brown rice; and then combined it all together, and topped it with another tbsp of soy sauce. It made a big portion, and only had 340 calories. Obviously you can make this with any veggies you want, and add in other Asian spices as well.

0 comments: