A Novel Cardio Warm-Up

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Even when doing a full hour of just strength training with my PT, she always has me do a cardio warmup to get my heart going. Here's some cardio warm-ups that she's had me do that I definitely would not have done on my own :)









Elliptical Intervals - Often, instead of just a few minutes on the elliptical at a medium intensity, Kerry would have me do a minute of lower intensity (about 130 stripes per min) then a minute of super high intensity (at least 180 strides per min). Try it, even just for 5-10 min, it's hard to do!





Bicycle Arms Workout - So, this is a cardio warm-up, but also an arm exercise - and it is pretty darn hard! (Note - you need two people to do this). Here's what you do - get on a stationary bike, and start going; have someone behind you hold the middle of a workout band, and give you the handles of the band. Then, push the band forward while holding a handle in each hand. The motion should be like a chest press:




Good luck with your warmups :)

0 comments: