7 Layer Burrito Blitz Recipe

Monday, September 7, 2009

Sorry for the lack of posting of recipes, accountability photos, etc. - it's not that I've fallen off the wagon, it's that my computer has, lol.

But I have been making some yummy new recipes, mainly from Hungry Girl. Here's one of them, I'll definitely post more this week :)

7-Layer Burrito Blitz

(1 Burrito - 277 Calories, 3g Fat, 14.5g Fiber, 22g Protein) - these are so yummy and remind me of taco nights as a kid, a flavor I've missed for a LONG time! I may be biased in saying the fake meat HG has you use in this is actually really good, since I haven't had real ground beef in like 7 years, but I dunno, I'd say at least give it a try and if you hate it, you can probably substitute some other kind of lean meat or just stick to black beans

1 medium low fat flour tortilla (110 Cal, at least 6g Fiber)
1/3 cup canned black beans
1 ounce ground beef style soy crumbles (you'll find the Morningstar version in the frozen food section)
1/2 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped onions
2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
2 tablespoons shredded fat-free cheese

Prepare crumbles according to directions (this isn't in the HG recipes, but I season them with taco seasoning - I'd really recommend it, it makes them much better)

Microwave tortilla until slightly warm. Layer ingredients in a long strip down the middle of the tortilla, starting with black beans, then the crumbles, then sour cream, lettuce, onions, cheese & tomatoes.

0 comments: